Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A New Year



Tea with the Family to Ring in the New Year!!! Here's to the best year yet.

Hello friends. I highly doubt that anyone is still reading this blog since it has been two and a half years, but it's a new year, and I miss blogging so much that I need to get back to it. See, the last year wasn't spectacular. Sure, there were absolutely wonderful moments. I met a new best friend. I became a godmother. I continued building my teaching skills and confidence in the classroom. But unfortunately, I had to leave the school sooner than expected, which was very difficult,  and I have spent the last few months working out a plan b. (It's still a work in progress haha.) 

But as I discern that plan, I am determined to make this the best year yet. I am turning a new page, and the last few months of 2017 are not going to cloud my 2018. One of my resolutions to make 2018 a happier year is to return to my blog. Apart from missing my blogging friends and from missing this rather unique way of processing and understanding my life, you know what really made me want to start blogging again? The fact that I read this beautiful quotation about the new year when I was reading a short story by Charles Dickens last week, and I thought how some of you probably would have really appreciated it. So...if anyone is still here, here you go:

"So may the New Year be a happy one to you, happy to many more whose happiness depends on you! So may each year be happier than the last, and not the meanest of our brethren or sisterhood debarred their rightful share in what our Great Creator formed them to enjoy." 
- Charles Dickens, "The Chimes"

What will you do to make this year happier for those who depend on you for happiness? What can we all do to make sure that those struggling still feel joy in the New Year that God has created for them? How can we help each other to make this a happy year for us all? These are the questions I'm pondering this first week of 2018. Care to ponder with me?

4 comments:

  1. Hello! :) I was surprised to see a post from your blog pop up on my feed today! I'm glad you're getting back into blogging this year -- your posts are always lovely and pleasant to read.
    Good luck with your life transitions and changes (and with your resolutions)!! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Regan!! Thank you so much for your comment! I'm so happy there's still someone reading! I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! Nice to “see” you again! ;-) I am also glad to see you blogging again. I haven’t been blogging much, either, but I want to.

    As for your first question, I plan on devoting more time to take care of myself (physically, mentally, etc). I had a baby in 2016. The year 2017 was just so busy and full of transitions that I really feel I lost sense of myself. My son depends (mostly) on me for happiness - but I think I need to feel good and at peace with myself, first, in order to provide that for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gabriela! So sorry for literally the seven months it took me to reply... I hope you're still active in your blogging! I'm heading over to everyone's blogs now to catch up!

      Thank you so much for reading! That's such a wonderful goal you have for 2018. How is it going? So many congratulations on your baby!!! What a blessing! I'll be praying that you feel the peace you need and that all is beautiful and wonderful with your son.

      Delete